When winter season hits hard, someone has to clear away all the snow that accumulates over a period of time. While snow blowers and shovels might work for residential driveways and sidewalks, heavier paraphernalia is required to keep the parking lots tidy. There is a tremendous pressure on workers so that they can clear the snow swiftly and competently and they emphasize on safety and take it as a first priority.
How snow plowing services help make your winter safe and hassle-free?
You have to ensure that snow and ice don’t make your driveway perilous. With the help of a professional Chicago snow removal service provider, you can relax and stay warm while the specialists execute clear your pathways and driveways.
Nothing can deny the fact that winter is just around the corner. It specifically indicates that it is the time to scrutinize your Chicago snow removal service for the upcoming months. Snow and ice can prove to be a major pain when you take care of driveway on your own, but with the help of a professional plowing service, you can relish the beauty of winter without holding any anxieties about your work.
Numerous people relish falling snow and it is usually a magical sight to observe, it’s a totally divergent scenario when it starts to gather on your driveway and front yard and forms a heap of White Mountain that can cause severe travel hurdles and removal headaches. This is the only reason why Chicago snow removal services are one of the most sought after services in winters. Some people might opt for to accomplish the task of extracting snow by themselves. On the other hand, others prefer not to involve in this tedious task and hire a professional instead.
Getting a reliable Chicago snow removal contractor would require more than just flipping over the pages of yellow pages and choosing the company randomly. You can have a word with friends, family members, relatives and associates and seek recommendations on trustworthy snow removal service. There is another way with the help of which you can find out if a company is really reliable. It is by checking with your local BBB. “BBB” is an acronym for the words, Better Business Bureau. The BBB accredits business within the scope of the area that they service and handles these businesses for adherence to certain quality of standards and brilliance. By checking with the BBB, you will find out which snow removal companies you should check out and which you should avoid.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6696747
Winter weather conditions can quickly make driving dangerous. However, most people must still go to work, school, and run other errands despite the snow and ice, so municipalities have to send out Chicago snow plows to clear the roadways. When Chicago snow plows are out on the roads, it is important to drive slowly and carefully so that you can avoid accidents with the Chicago snow plow itself as well as other vehicles.
Be On The Watch Out For Chicago Snow Plows On The Road
First, these large machines typically travel about 35 miles per hour or less as they scrape the streets. It can be tempting to pass the slow-moving, bulky machines, but this is dangerous. Remember, the road ahead of the Chicago snow plow is not yet clear of its snow and ice. Also, snow plow drivers have a limited range of vision due to the shape of their vehicles, and their blades can stir up swirling snow clouds that make it even more difficult to see. They may be unable to see you as you pass.
Additionally, some snow blades can extend eight feet beyond the edge of the car, and you may not be able to see these blades to pass around them safely. Lastly, if you cannot avoid passing, remember that Chicago snow plows push the snow to the right side of the road, so you typically want to pass to the left. Also, when you cut back in front of the Chicago snow plow, remember that the blade sticks out several feet beyond the front of the truck.
Give Chicago Snow Plows Plenty Of Room On The Road
Lastly, if you are passing a Chicago snow plow that is coming from the other direction, try to move over as far as you can. This is because wide blades can edge into your lane, making you more likely to clip your car on the plow.
With winter on its way, it is important to understand how to drive safely in inclement weather. However, not everyone may take the time or have the patience to drive slowly and carefully in hazardous road conditions. This can put you and your loved ones at risk of terrible accidents.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5154183
1. Get several estimates
- Prices are based on layout and size of area to be plowed.
- Any additional services such as snow shoveling, sanding and ice removal will cost extra.
- Do they bill per hour or a flat rate per job
- Be cautious of low bids, low bids may equal poor service
2. Understand the services you are getting
- What is included in the Chicago Snow Removal estimate?
- What other services do they provide?
- How much for additional service?
- Do they charge based on snow levels, an hourly rate or flat rate?
- When and how often will they come?
3. Ask about additional charges and price options
- What about additional charges from heavy snowfalls, multiple snowfalls in a day will your Chicago Snow Removal Contractor charge?
- Any discounts or special pricing?
4. Ask for references
- Ask for references and check them out
- Check out the business with BBB
- Check Angie’s list for current and past customers
5. Get an in-person estimate and written agreement
- Meet with them at your location that will be serviced
- Get a written agreement of all and any charges
- No verbal agreements or promises
- Refuse agreements made over the phone
- Who to contact in case of damages – get a contact name and number
- Who to contact for general questions or rescheduling
- How can you terminate the agreement if necessary?
- Call all numbers before they leave to verify working phone numbers
6. Proof of insurance and bonded
7. Avoid being SCAMMED
- Never pay with cash, check or credit card only
- Never be pressured to sign agreements
- Only sign agreement when you fully understand what you are paying for.
Now you have a checklist to use. Compare this to your current service or use this when checking out a new service. You should feel comfortable with anyone who will be doing work for you and have at least two ways to contact you Chicago Snow Removal Contractor for questions or billing concerns. If you are not happy with the service, call them and let them know. Also call them if you love their service maybe you will get a little bonus next time they come. At the very least you ensure that they will do a great job each time they come out.
If you are looking for for your business, please call 773-763-7600 or complete our request estimate form.